As announced last month, the annual Met Walkers' New Year 2018/19 trip will be held in Cheltenham from Friday 28 December 2018 until Tuesday 1 January 2019. You can come for as long or short a time as you like but to attend the NYE dinner you must complete the sign-up form and make the required payment for your place to be confirmed.
Day 1: Friday 28th December – Pub social for those arriving today (no walks)
Days 2 to 5: Saturday 29th December to Tuesday 1st January
- Each day will hopefully feature multiple walk options which will be graded either Leisurely 8-12 miles, Moderate 12-15 miles, or Strenuous 15+ miles
- Pub socials in the evening *except NYE, see below
- Walk leaders: please submit your new year event walks via the walks form
Day 4 only: Monday 31st December
- New Year’s Eve Dinner and Party (see further information below).
If you arrive early in Cheltenham, please do check the Met Walkers’ Facebook page where any unofficial activity within the area will get listed!
Like last year, depending on the walk leaders’ requirements, coaches may be required for some of the journeys to or from walks. In order for us to be able to do this there will be an additional cost and sign-up required for walks including a coach trip.
New Year’s Eve Dinner and Party
The New Year’s Eve celebrations will take place at The Stable.
The proposed itinerary will be along the lines of (to be confirmed with venue):
19.30 Guests seated
20.00 Meal served
00.00 New Year celebration
01.30-02.00 Night ends, guests depart
The cost for the event will be £30 per person and include a 3-course meal (starter, main and dessert) and a party to the small hours!
- Smoked Mackerel Pate
- Dorset Spread
- Roast Stuffed Portobello Mushroom [Vegan]
Pizzas (Gluten free option available please tick):
- Mistletoe Kiss [Vegan] (green pesto base, courgette, peas, vegan cheese)
- Turkey Gobbler (turkey, bacon, caramelised onion, roast potato, mozzarella, cranberry mayo)
- Cotswold Lion (roast lamb shoulder, roasted sweet potato, red onion, goats cheese, mozzarella, mint sauce [side])
- Blue Forrest (spinach, roast potato, blue cheese, red onion, mozzarella)
- Very Merry Melody [Vegan] (roast new potatoes, pine nuts, caramelised onion, shredded sprouts, vegan cheese, optional fresh chilli)
Pies (served with rosemary and thyme wedges + minted crushed peas):
- Turkey Feast (turkey, Bacon & cranberry)
- Squish Squash (spiced butternut squash & sweet potato)
- Warm Winter Veg Remix [Vegan, Gluten Free] (sweet potato, fennel, curried cauliflower, cabbage, leeks, beetroot, carrot puree)
- Sticky Toffee pudding with Ice Cream
- Apple Cherry Crumble with Ice Cream (Vegan)
- Chocolate Brownie with Salted Caramel Sauce (Gluten Free)
To secure your ticket we will need to have received a completed sign-up form (one per individual attending) and non-refundable payment of the full amount £30. If you wish to be included in the dinner, both must be completed by Monday 20th November 2018.
Please transfer your ticket price to the Met Walkers’ bank account:
Account name: RCN 1093577 Metropolitan Walkers
Sort code: 08-60-01
Reference (if you are able to change it): NYE2018Name
Your place will only be confirmed once we have received a sign-up form and full ticket cost – you will receive an email from the Weekends Away Co-ordinator to confirm your place once both have been recorded.
For anyone not interested, or too late for the dinner tickets, we are considering an option to join the rest of us after dinner for the party only.
Accommodation and travel to Cheltenham
The committee will not be organising these for everyone, so you will need to find appropriate options for yourselves. Please do have a look as soon as you’re able as places are going fast.
If you have any queries or would like further information before signing up, please contact the Weekends Away Coordinator.