How do I submit a walk for the programme?
Without members volunteering to lead walks, there would be no Met Walkers, so please consider contributing by submitting a walk for the next programme!
To submit a walk, please complete our walks form with the following information:
- Phone number (this will be published on walks finder so walkers can contact you)
- Email (for walk coordinator to use only)
- Proposed walk date
- Type of walk - weekend (this includes bank holidays) or weekday walk
- Walk title (can be as simple as the start to finish points)
- Start time (please check train times so start time is coordinated)
- Start point (when using a station with various exits please consider specifying the exit to prevent confusion)
- Finish point
- Distance (this does not need to be exact so do not worry if you have not recce'd the walk to confirm at the time of submission)
- Terrain (hills, woodland, parks, riverside, etc)
- Walk grade (leisurely/moderate/strenuous – pick the one you feel is most appropriate to the length of walk and the pace you plan to set)
- Travel instructions (weekend walks only – train times and required tickets)
- Notes (a brief description of what the walk has to offer and any additional information useful for those planning on attending, such as bring a packed lunch, pub stop(s) etc)
- Note to walks coordinators (just there in case there is further information you want to provide; some use this to provide alternative dates)
Online walking resources
We have compiled some links to walking routes to get you started:
You can also view our hints and tips for walk leaders.