Black Mountains. 11-14 (Friday - Monday) August

Updates on planned weekends and discuss travel/accomodation arrangements for Weekends Away.

Moderators: Paul C, edinetz

Forum rules
Feel free to browse our upcoming weekends, but note that you need to be a member of the Metropolitan Walkers to attend one of these weekends. Please state your membership number when you sign up.

Black Mountains. 11-14 (Friday - Monday) August

Postby jamesClark » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:37 am

The plan is to have two full days walking around the central and eastern Brecon Beacons. The walks will be on the easy end of strenuous / top end of moderate.

I've booked some rooms in the YHA Danywenallt. The 43 bus from Abergavenny stops at Talybont-on-Usk, and the hostel is about a mile's walk from there. Note: the bus does not run on Sundays.

If we fill all the rooms I've booked then the accommodation will be £69.75 per person for all three nights. There may also be a small surcharge to cover any empty beds and coach hire if necessary.

To reserve a place on the trip please email me (jamesclark545@gmail.com) to check availability. You will then need to transfer a non-refundable payment of £30 to the Met Walkers bank account (details below), then let me know and give me your ramblers number.

In principle I'm open to private bookings - on the trip but not in one of the booked beds - but I will need to fill most of the booked spaces before confirming these. Nevertheless, please email me to enquire if this is what you want to do.

The remaining balance will be due by Friday 12 May.

Met walkers account:

Account name: RCN 1093577 Metropolitan Walkers
Sort code: 08-60-01
Account number: 20117326

Give your reference: ForenameSurnameBRECON
jamesClark

Return to Away Weekends