Edale Wke - Peak District (1st May Bank Holiday)

Updates on planned weekends and discuss travel/accomodation arrangements for Weekends Away.

Moderators: Paul C, edinetz

Forum rules
Feel free to browse our upcoming weekends, but note that you need to be a member of the Metropolitan Walkers to attend one of these weekends. Please state your membership number when you sign up.

Edale Wke - Peak District (1st May Bank Holiday)

Postby halloweenscream » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:24 am

May Bank Holiday Weekend - Edale, Peak District
Friday 28 April - Monday 1 May 2017

**UPDATE**
Trip is now full!

Please do still email me if you'd like to join, I will create a first come, first served reserve list for any cancellations.

An opportunity to return to this beautiful part of the Peak District exploring new routes and trails from our previous taster late 2015.

On offer Sat to Mon there will be a choice of two walks each day - a 'Moderate' (lead by Orson) and a 'Strenuous' (lead by me). Walks will traverse a multitude of different panoramic landscapes with planned pub stops during and at the end to reflect on the day's accomplishments, taste the local brews and grab a hearty bite to eat. Some walks will require short rail travel.

We have secured a limited number of beds, including breakfast, at YHA Edale hostel - a charming old building with excellent access to surrounding trails along with great views. The accommodation is located just under 1 mile from Edale station, it is possible to walk along the road (not advisable in the dark) or via the hills. Alternatively grab a cab! Typical cost will be around £10 shared between 4 one way. Please note as this is a hostel it is a not possible to guarantee a room type.

Total price for 3 night's accommodation and breakfast each morning stands at a modest £93.50 per person.

Sorry but at this time we cannot accept any private bookings.

To secure your place please first enquire with myself as to current availability, you will then need to transfer a non-refundable deposit payment of £30 to the Met Walkers bank account (details below) and email me the following info:

1) Name

2) Ramblers number

3) Walk type likely to join - Moderate, Strenuous or Either, will decide on the day

4) Contact number

5) The hostel can provide a packed lunch for all 3 days for an extra £5.25, please indicate whether you would you like to include this option in your booking? Your new total would be £98.75.

The remaining balance of £63.50 (or £68.75 if you take the lunch option) will be required by Friday 10 February 2017.

Please transfer your deposit to the Met Walkers’ bank account (after receiving confirmation a place is still available)

Account name: RCN 1093577 Metropolitan Walkers
Sort code: 08-60-01
Account: 20117326

Reference as follows: forenamesurnameEDALE

Any questions, please email James Wasmuth (aka Tuki Tiger :lol: ) on jcwasmuth@gmail.com
halloweenscream

Return to Away Weekends