Lake District. 14-17 (Friday - Monday) September.

Updates on planned weekends and discuss travel/accomodation arrangements for Weekends Away.

Moderator: edinetz

Forum rules
Feel free to browse our upcoming weekends, but note that you need to be a member of the Metropolitan Walkers to attend one of these weekends. Please state your membership number when you sign up.

Lake District. 14-17 (Friday - Monday) September.

Postby jamesClark » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Based in Patterdale, we'll do three days mountain walking (weather permitting). All walks will likely involve around 1000 metres of ascent at a medium-fast pace. Slower walkers are very welcome on the weekend, but should be prepared to lead themselves.

I've booked some rooms in Patterdale YHA, but there are plenty of options in the village or nearby if you prefer to sort your own accommodation.

There is a bus service between Patterdale and Penrith Rail Station, but this appears to run only until the late afternoon. I'll aim to finish the Monday walk in time to catch the last bus, which currently gets to Penrith at 18.15 (this is subject to change).

If we fill all the rooms I've booked then the accommodation will be £89.50 per person for all three nights.

I expect to use a coach for one day, so there will probably be a small charge for this as well.

To reserve a place on the trip please email me ( to check availability. If you want a room in the hostel then you will need to transfer a non-refundable payment of £40 to the Met Walkers bank account (details below), then let me know and give me your ramblers number.

The remaining balance will be due by Friday 25 May.

Met walkers account:

Account name: RCN 1093577 Metropolitan Walkers
Sort code: 08-60-01
Account number: 20117326

Give your reference: ForenameSurnamePDALE

Return to Away Weekends